It is so nice to complete a project that I've been dreaming of for two years!
So many other projects that consumed time and resources, but I finally said, this is it! I'm doing it NOW.
It took me about a week and a half to finish all the chair pads and slipcovers- off and on over several days.
The chair pads were relatively easy, the slipcovers- not so much.
I wanted the ties to drip down the back of the chairs. A flirty little skirt....
Because the end chairs had rolled tops, the slips needed to be somewhat loose so I could take them off easily for washing.
I decided to add some buttons and a loop to cinch the back together a bit.
Our chandelier has a bit of bling, and I wanted to add a little more glam to the chairs too.
These faceted buttons caught my eye.
It feels like our dining room is complete.
I recently added a natural linen cord cover to the chandelier too.
And in the corner, I now have two Japanese paper lanterns hanging.
The aqua lantern was from a neighbor's garage sale, and the white one was from Etsy.
I love how this room feels now. It was a lot of sewing! The first upholstered chair slipcover took me a full day to complete. I didn't have a pattern, and was just cutting and tailoring it to fit.
(thank you, Grandma. I'm always grateful for you teaching me how to sew!)
The second one only took a few hours- mostly just lots of pinning, sewing, tearing out, re-sewing, and fitting....*sigh*
Lots of patience!
Thanks for letting me share this with you-
I'll be linking up to these wonderful parties: